Saturday, September 19, 2009

Virgin Coconut Oil

I recentley started taking virgin coconut oil. At first I was taking a tablespoon in the morning, as well as one in the evening. I found this was a little much at first, it was like eating a spoonful of vasoline. I had to ease my way into taking it, by putting a tablespoon on a whole- wheat toasted english muffin. Coconut oil melts and tastes similar to butter. I also sprinkle cinnamon on it as well- it tastes just like cinnamon toast. I eat this an hour or so before I swim or run. I am finding that I have a great deal of energy, not to mention I am swimming and running faster and for longer durations. It also goes for working out with weights, I have more strength and energy. Some of the benefits associated with taking virgin coconut oil are: helps your immune system, supports proper functioning of your thyroid gland, promotes weight loss, healthy skin and hair and also helps as an immediate energy source. Coconut oil is a medium-chain fatty acid, that is immediatley sent to and broken down in the liver and used as energy, instead of being stored as fat. Coconut oil also contains lauric acid -which is found in mothers breast milk. Lauric acid is found to enhance the immune system. For decades coconut oil has gotten a bad rap, just like egg yolks and butter. I will keep you posted on my findings while taking coconut oil- so far, so good!

1 comment:

  1. Funny I thought of you today and googled your name and found this great blog. Jimmy my friend--great blog and really informative! In two minutes I learned a heck of a lot about coconut oil and its benefits. Hope you are well. The dogs look great and so do you...a smiling pic wouldn't hurt :-) If you're ever heading to SD don't be a stranger. Mike and I would love to catch up--Barbanti mike@2good2b.com

    ReplyDelete