Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Enjoying your workout

This is my first post, so I will keep this short and to the point. So many times, when I find myself working out, whether on the track running or in the pool swimming laps, I end up looking at my watch and thinking about when am i going to be finished . I have been stopping myself and realizing,that when I am in the pool or on the track or lifting weights .. that this is quality time I am spending with myself. This time we have exercising should be an enjoyable experience, giving us a sense of accomplishment, making our bodies stronger as well as bringing peace and clarity to our minds.Now,when I swim,I dont think about how much longer I have to go, or when am I going to be finished, I enjoy the feel of the water and I realize what a great privilege it is to be able to be swimming.When im on the track,instead of counting laps and looking at my watch, I take in all of the beauty that is around me. We should all enjoy the process of exercising, for it is one of the greatest gifts we can give ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment